Many businesses still rely on paper on a daily basis. According to a recent survey by Xerox, close to 40% of all business processes are still document driven. But paper-driven processes can slow down even the smallest business resulting in lost time, money and potentially even customers. In order to ensure the security and accessibility of your information, it’s important to have a well-designed document management system in place that is tailored to your unique needs. Read on to learn more about the benefits of document management, and how it can help to enhance every aspect of your business.
What is Document Management?
Document management is the process of capturing, storing and retrieving documents. While you likely perform these operations every day, having the right document management system in place will ensure your documents are easy to find and stored securely to eliminate the danger of theft.
The Risks of Inadequate Document Management
Poor document management practices place your sensitive information at risk and can result in decreased productivity. Additional problems may include:
- Documents are inaccessible outside of the office
- Customers are kept waiting while you search for lost information
- Money and square footage are wasted on storage
- High print costs in the absence of print rules
- Risk of physical theft or data breach
Benefits of Document Management
One of the biggest benefits to a document management system is improved workflow, but there are many more advantages that include:
- Enhanced Security – Xerox ConnectKey-enabled MFPs can help you scan your hardcopy documents to the cloud for secure storage and password protected retrieval, choosing from popular cloud-based programs such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Office365.
- Disaster Recovery – Fire, flood and other natural disasters can damage your documents beyond repair, but with Xerox ConnectKey technology your records are replicated in the cloud for fast, efficient document recovery.
- Cost Savings – Save money by restricting expensive colour printing by user or department at your Xerox ConnectKey-enabled printer. These printers can also send notifications automatically when toner is running low so you won’t have to spend money over-stocking your supply cabinet.
- Convenience – Today’s mobile workforce will benefit from 24/7 access to documents for sharing, reviewing, and collaborating whether they are in or out of the office.
Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of ConnectKey-enabled MFPs and Xerox apps designed to enhance document management for your business.