Do you know how much your print environment is costing you? Not sure? You’re not alone – close to 90% of companies in North America don’t have any idea. If you could get rid of the inefficiencies in your print environment you’d enjoy cost savings and productivity gains. The key lies in recognizing the signs of inefficiency in your print environment.
Here are some telltale signs it’s time to examine your print environment:
- Cheap Printers Throughout Your Office – One sign is the proliferation of cheap printers throughout the office. Cheap printers aren’t cheap to operate. While the entry price may be low, consumables costs can add up quickly!
- Too Many Extra Prints – Extra prints cost money and is an inefficient practice, wasting paper and toner. Prints laying around the print room are also a security risk. Ninety-percent of businesses that have been breached say unsecured printing was the cause.
- “Everyone” is Buying Supplies – No one wants the inconvenience of running out of supplies in the middle of a job, so employees will often buy supplies even if they’re not necessary. While it doesn’t seem like much, the cost of decentralized purchasing can add up.
- Too Much Colour Printing – Colour print costs can be as much as four times the cost of black and white. Certain colour prints make perfect sense, like marketing materials or presentations, but most documents are fine in black and white. Put print protocols and procedures in place, like print output monitoring or a print policy, to reduce your costs.
- Too Much IT Time Spent on Print – It’s estimated that 40 to 60 percent of IT time is spent dealing with printing issues. Eliminating these calls should be your goal. For example, just retiring obsolete technology can reduce calls significantly.
Managed Print Services (MPS) to the Rescue
Managed Print Services is an excellent way to get your print environment under control. An MPS provider will optimize your infrastructure and manage your print environment. They will begin by offering an assessment of your current environment to determine what you are actually spending and then create a plan to optimize your print environment.
Outsourcing your print to an MPS provider can free up valuable staff time to focus on core business initiatives. MPS is a great way to make the most of your print budget, cutting costs, and improving productivity and workflows throughout your office. Engaging an MPS provider is a smart business decision!
Contact us today to find out if Managed Print Services is right for your business.
How efficient is your print environment? Play our Documents in Jeopardy gameshow and test your document knowledge – you could win an iPad PRO!