It’s that time of year again! The renowned research and advisory firm Gartner has released their top 10 strategic technology trends for 2024 at its IT Symposium/Xpo in Orlando. These trends encompass many different areas of technology, from artificial intelligence to sustainable practices.
Read on to explore what lies ahead in 2024!
- AI Trust, Risk, and Security Management (AI TRiSM): Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become an integral part of our lives, but ensuring its trustworthiness, managing risks, and maintaining security are crucial. AI TRiSM focuses on building robust systems that can be trusted by organizations and individuals alike. It emphasizes responsible AI use, transparent decision-making, and ethical considerations.
- Continuous Threat Exposure Management (CTEM): As technology advances, so do the threats it poses. CTEM addresses the need for continuous monitoring and proactive threat management. It helps organizations stay one step ahead of potential cyber threats by identifying vulnerabilities, implementing safeguards, and responding swiftly to mitigate risks.
- Sustainable Technology: Sustainable technology focuses on minimizing the impact on the environment, reducing carbon footprints, and adopting eco-friendly practices. Organizations are encouraged to incorporate renewable energy, optimize resource utilization, and promote circular economy principles.
- Platform Engineering: Platform engineering involves the design and development of robust platforms that enable seamless integration and collaboration across various technologies. It provides a foundation for building scalable and flexible systems, fostering innovation, and enabling organizations to adapt to changing market needs.
- Generative AI: Generative AI refers to the ability of AI systems to create new content, whether it’s images, text, or even music. This trend opens up new possibilities for creative industries, allowing them to automate content creation and enhance productivity. It also enables personalized experiences for users, tailored to their preferences and needs.
- Digital Ethics and Privacy: With increasing concerns about data privacy and ethical considerations in the digital realm, this trend highlights the importance of responsible data handling and respectful use of personal information. Organizations need to prioritize privacy protection, transparency, and consent management, ensuring that individuals have control over their data.
- Autonomous Everything: Autonomous systems, such as self-driving cars and drones, continue to evolve rapidly. This trend focuses on the integration of autonomous technologies across various industries, enabling improved efficiency, safety, and productivity. From logistics and transportation to healthcare and agriculture, autonomous systems are set to make an impact on many different sectors.
- Distributed Cloud: The distributed cloud model brings cloud computing closer to the edge, allowing organizations to leverage cloud services while maintaining data proximity and low-latency requirements. This trend enables efficient data processing, reduces network latency, and supports real-time applications, making it ideal for industries like IoT, gaming, and healthcare.
- Quantum Computing: Quantum computing holds immense potential for solving complex problems that are beyond the capabilities of classical computers. This trend explores the advancements in quantum computing technology, opening doors to breakthroughs in fields like drug discovery, optimization, cryptography, and scientific simulations.
- Immersive Experiences: Immersive experiences refer to technologies like virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR) that create immersive digital environments. This trend focuses on enhancing user experiences, whether it’s for entertainment, training, or collaboration. Immersive technologies offer rich and interactive experiences that blur the line between the physical and digital worlds.
Gartner’s top 10 strategic technology trends for 2024 offer us a glimpse into an exciting future filled with innovation and possibilities. From ensuring AI’s trustworthiness to managing cyber threats, adopting sustainable practices to creating generative AI content, these trends will shape the landscape of technology. As we embrace digital ethics and privacy, explore autonomous systems, leverage distributed cloud, delve into quantum computing, and immerse ourselves in virtual experiences, we are on the cusp of transformative changes that will revolutionize industries and change our lives for the better.
hubTGI is a Canadian-owned Managed Services provider that offers Print Services, Workflow Solutions, Managed IT, Cybersecurity Solutions, Cloud Services and VoIP to help their customers control costs, secure their data and make their people more productive.
For the latest industry trends and technology insights visit hubTGI’s Resources page.