Are you considering Managed Print Services for your business, but not quite sure what constitutes a good MPS offering, or how to go about choosing the best provider? An MPS provider should help you to define your needs while working with you to reduce the number of documents you print, reduce the time your team spends on printing issues, and lower your overall print environment costs while boosting productivity.
Getting the maximum value from your MPS partnership means working with an experienced provider who will take the time to understand your unique business needs and then identify opportunities to streamline your processes.
What to Look For in an MPS Provider
If you’re considering taking an MPS approach, when interviewing candidates be sure to ask how they will handle these important elements:
- Predictable, Scalable Billing – One major benefit of MPS is consolidating your variable (and often out-of-control) print costs and turning them into a stable monthly expense, payable to a single vendor.
- Analyzing Your Actual Print Needs – An MPS assessment starts by inventorying your fleet and monitoring your usage over a fixed time period. Your provider will then develop a specific plan using this data, to meet your needs.
- Streamlining Your Existing Fleet – Local printers often generate hidden costs. Streamlining your fleet to include several strategically placed multifunction devices can lower costs and improve workflows.
- Replacing Inefficient Devices – Older technology can increase consumables and energy use and require more frequent repairs. Replacing it with new energy-efficient technology can lower costs.
- On-Demand Supplies – Unmanaged office supplies sitting in a closet gathering dust can cost money. An MPS provider monitors usage and supplies to provide on-demand, on-time supplies.
Looking Beyond the Basics…
A good MPS provider will also offer training on both new technology and cybersecurity. They will also work with your team to implement more efficient workflows and mobile capabilities. A professionally managed program should offer 24/7 tech support you can count on.
Want to know more? Give us a call and let us show you how Managed Print Services can increase productivity while lowering costs.